We invite you to nominate someone for the 2021 Arizona American Indian Excellence in Leadership Awards! Click Here for the nomination form.
Nominations must be received by Monday, April 26, 2021, at midnight.
About the Awards:
The Phoenix Indian Center is organizer and host of this annual awards process and is proud to continue the legacy of presenting leadership awards to individuals in the American Indian community. This awards process has continued for over thirty-five years and is formerly knows as the NARD or Native American Recognition Days Awards. There are several categories to recognize individuals in Arizona for the exemplary work they do.
Who can Nominate an individual or business?
Nominations are open to the general public. Co-workers, friends, family, businesses, and organizations may nominate an individual. We encourage you to notify the individual that you are submitting their name, complete the nomination form fully, and submit with supporting documents such as a resume and awards. Once we receive the nomination information, the Phoenix Indian Center will contact the nominee to congratulate them and obtain additional required information if necessary.
What is the criteria for a nominee?
Adult Award Criteria
- Demonstrated excellence of leadership in the community or business
- Demonstrated creativity and initiative in their profession with regards to representing the American Indian community
- Provided valuable length of service to the community by devoting time and energy to improve the quality of life for American Indians
- Exhibits commitment to service to the community by devoting time and energy to areas outside of their normal business to the American Indian community
- Affects positive change in the profession, workplace, school and community
- Is respected and seen as a leader amongst peers
College and High School Criteria
- Have shown leadership in self or through school clubs, activities and demonstrated excellence in academics, creativity and initiative
- Demonstrates strong leadership that is both culturally and non-culturally-based
- Is perceived as a leader amongst peers, educators and community.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above
Individuals can be nominated for one Award Category
Note: the 2021 Awards Ceremony will be virtual and held on Thursday, June 17, 2021
All Nominations are Due by no later than: Monday, April 26, 2021 at Midnight.