Monday, April 6, 2020
9:00 AM – 12:00 PM Resume & Cover Letter https://zoom.us/j/837919899
In this session we will introduce the purpose of a resume, tips and types of resumes, and how to create a resume. A cover letter will be developed to introduce your skills and your resume to the employer. We will also provide a format to list all your references.
Tuesday, April 7, 2020
9:00 AM – 10:30 AM Informational Interviews https://zoom.us/j/121881913
Here you will learn what an informational interview is, how to conduct them and how they can help you network to gain a job. Now, 20% of open jobs are listed in online job search engines (indeed, monster, careerbuilder). Informational interviews can help you gain access to the other 80% not advertised. This is a must workshop for those wanting to accelerate their job search.
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM Job Search Strategies https://zoom.us/j/617202630
Create a plan for your job search. In this session you will plan your job search, schedule your week to be more effective, develop your own “elevator speech” and learn how to effectively utilize your job search network through using internet and networking skills. You will learn to use the computer to investigate and become familiar with the different types of on-line job boards.
Wednesday, April 8, 2020
9:00 AM – 12:00 PM Aceing the Interview https://zoom.us/j/891365705
Let’s prepare for and have an effective interview. In this session, the interview process will be covered from beginning to end. We will address how to get ready for the interview, how to make a good first impression, recognize the various types of questions and utilize the STAR technique. We will also review questions for you to ask the interviewer and follow-up tips.
Thursday, April 9, 2020
1:00 PM – 3:00 PM What Employers Want https://zoom.us/j/449695798
Learn what employers seek in a potential employee and how you can demonstrate this knowledge, skills and abilities in your resume, interview and social media.
Friday, April 10, 2020
1:00 PM – 3:00 PM Job Tips For Ex-Offenders https://zoom.us/j/730056536
Dealing with potential employers is never an easy task for individuals with criminal records. This workshop will help individuals with background issues write a resume, complete a job application and interview with confidence.