Community members are invited to attend our Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (A.S.I.S.T.)!
ASIST is 2-day interactive in-person training that teaches participants to recognize when someone may have thoughts of suicide and to work with them to create a plan that will support their immediate safety. ASIST participants learn to:
- Understand the ways that personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide
- Provide guidance to a person with thoughts of suicide
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
- Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
- Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care.
There is no cost for this nationally accredited training. Lunch, snacks, and beverages will be provided! Each participant must attend the training in its entirety to receive a certificate of attendance. *Please note only one ticket can be bought at one time. Please confirm your attendance for the training. A minimum of 10 participants attending is required for training to occur.
Space is limited. Click Here to register today!